The myocardial tissue was characterized with the analysis of LGE-MRI using ADAS-VT. The patient presented two separate scar areas:
The anterior scar consisted of:
- 8.63 grams of dense scar tissue (red)
- 15.94 grams of mild fibrotic tissue (gradient)
Because of the scar's transmurality a combined endo/epicardial approach was taken.
The lateral scar was not transmural and consisted of:
- 8.35 grams of dense scar tissue (red)
- 8.93 grams of mild fibrotic tissue (gradient)
Three Border-Zone corridors were detected:
- Channel 1: Lateral (2.06 grams)
- Channel 2: Anterior apical (1.99 grams)
- Channel 3: Anterior mid-wall (2.40 grams)
The CT was coregistered with the LGE-MRI and the cardiac anatomy and adjacent structures were segmented to aid the fusion of the electro-anatomical map (EAM) with the substrate information in the navigation system.